[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Re: JMSXDeliveryCount with GenericDLQHandler

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 20 10:51:04 EST 2008

"svadu" wrote :
  | Can someone give me a clue on the problem (I hope I described the problem more or less accurately)?

JMSXDeliveryCount is a property set by the JMS provider (Tibco) not JBoss.
We just use it to determine number of redeliveries when it exists (it is optional).

Perhaps it is a property Tibco doesn't support, but the message originated
in some other system that does set the property. i.e. Tibco just copied it?

anonymous wrote :
  | Do I need to rely (woudl require even more vendor specific configuration) on the external JMS server (Tibco in this case) to handle redelivery counts?

No idea. But I'd imagine Tibco has internal support for DLQs or
some other  poisened message handler?.
So you probably don't need to configure a DLQ handler in JBoss at all?

* Set the activation-config-property useDLQ=false
* Configure a DLQ (or whatever mechanism they have) for your queue/topic in Tibco.

The only reason the DLQ handler exists in the MDB is because JBossMQ
doesn't support them internally. Most other JMS providers do support them
inside the server.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4130819#4130819

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4130819