[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Jboss App Server 4.2.2 issue on Mac OS 10.4 server

RogerSilva do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 20 13:10:54 EST 2008

Hi all,
I'm experiencing a weird behavior trying to deploy an Web app on JBoss
App Server 4.2.2 on Mac OS 10.4 server.
This particular application access a Postgres 8.2 database using JDBC  	8.3-603 JDBC 3 drivers.
The application was tested on two different environments (using the same Jboss version, database server, datasource configuration, and jdbc drivers as well):
1)Windows xp with JBoss: the application is deployed successfully and works  with no problem.
2)Mac OS 10.4  server with JBoss: during the application deployment Jboss hangs on the following steps:

  | [org.hibernate.connection.ConnectionProviderFactory] Initializing connection provider: org.hibernate.ejb.connection.InjectedDataSourceConnectionProvider
  | [org.hibernate.ejb.connection.InjectedDataSourceConnectionProvider] Using provided datasource
  | [org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.IdleRemover] internalRegisterPool: registering pool with interval 900000 old interval: 9223372036854775807
  | [org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.IdleRemover] internalRegisterPool: about to notify thread: old next: 1203518653792, new next: 1203518653792
  | [org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.IdleRemover] run: IdleRemover notifying pools, interval: 450000
  | [org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.IdleRemover] run: IdleRemover notifying pools, interval: 450000
  | [com.arjuna.ats.internal.arjuna.recovery.TransactionStatusConnector_6] - Failed to establish connection to server

Both machines can access the database server, and all servers doesn't have any firewall or network restrictions.
Please, Does somebody know what could be this issue root cause?
I have no idea why the same application successfully run on windows xp, and fails to deploy on Mac OS 10.4 server using the same JBoss configuration and version. Besides, both machines relies on the same network, with no firewall, and the database server is reachable on both servers.

I appreciate any help you can give me,
thanks in advance,
Roger

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4130886#4130886