[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Message Pulling

sams do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 20 14:35:04 EST 2008

First off, here's what I'm using:
JBoss AS 4.2.2 GA
JBoss Messaging 1.4.0 SP3

I have a cluster configured that is running 3 nodes.  This cluster is running on a single computer, so I'm using the binding service to use different ports.  I have an MDB that was farmed out to all nodes and is running.  That MDB is looking at a queue named "Test".  I have all the clustering turned on in the config files for messaging but when I create 50 messages on a single queue, it will throw all messages at a single node.  This is all well and good because I am only making 1 connection from the ClusteredConnectionFactory, so all my messages are sent to just 1 queue.  The problem is that it should eventually pull some of those messages over to another free node if the other nodes are not doing anything, which they are not.

The MDB that gets all the messages is waiting 5 seconds on each message and is capped at handling only 3 messages at a time, so there is plenty of time for another node to notice the messages lingering on the single node and to pull them over to another node, but it never happens.

Any ideas why things are not pulling as they should?  My only guess after days of playing with this is to build out the same environment in multiple vmware virtual machines to ensure that each node has its own IP and there aren't any conflicts.  Since I'm not getting any errors at all, I'm saving this option for last since it will be time consuming.

Thanks in advance for any help someone may be able to provide.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4130903#4130903

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4130903