[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - MBean operation works only after invoking operation from jmx

gtjonesy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 20 19:59:07 EST 2008

Hi,

Using 4.2.2

I am having what looks like a strange problem but hopping that is something simple.  I have look in many different places to find an answer but I am not sure if I am looking for the right thing.

I have an MBean that was created using this approach
@Service (objectName="platform:service=foo")
  | @Management (foo.class)

That stores some information that is updated periodically.

I have a class in a struts2 action that does this to access the data
MBeanServer server = org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanServerLocator.locateJBoss();
  | 			ObjectName name = new ObjectName("platform:service=foo");
  |
  | return (Collection) server.invoke(name, "fooMethod", null, null);

The problem that I have is that this code does not work.  I get this error:
  |     at org.jboss.ejb3.service.ServiceMBeanDelegate.getOperation(ServiceMBeanDelegate.java:380)
  |     at org.jboss.ejb3.service.ServiceMBeanDelegate.invoke(ServiceMBeanDelegate.java:214)
  |     ... 151 more
But if I invoke the operation from jmx-console the method works like it should.

Any help on what I am missing would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced,
Greg

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4130955#4130955

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4130955