[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Localization bug in 2.6.x?

jvence do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 21 11:53:00 EST 2008

I have spent hours trying to figure this out and there really seem to be a problem. Is there a guide somewhere?

If you have 5 minutes, look at http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBPORTAL-1895
and try to reproduce it. You will see that something is wrong.

It's very simple to reproduce:

1. Add    <supported-locale>ar</supported-locale>  to portlet.xml
2. Identity_fr.properties to Identity_ar.properties (use fr just to test obviously)
3. Recompile and deploy

You will see that if you select Arabic, the UserIdentityPortlet is displayed in English rather then French. Is it possible that this has to do with the JVM not supporting ALL languages. I noticed that UserIdentityPortlet displays a list of all languages in the user's specified locale.

I'm at a complete loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Jean

"thomas.heute at jboss.com" wrote : I don't think we provide pt_BR localization for some parts, the most translated parts are in french and Italian thanks to contributors.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4131156#4131156

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4131156