[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - how to add custom properties to xml?

shawnsmsu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 21 14:49:35 EST 2008

We're currently using a standard configuration file to allow users to choose their datasource and whatnot when running JBoss 4.0.5.  Obviously, the properties in this file get passed into the web application but I cannot find how.

I'd like to add a custom property to the xml file that will be accessible by the web app at runtime.  Can someone please explain what I need to do to add a tag and read it in on the application side?

Here's our standard config xml:

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <datasources>
  |   <!-- Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Database configuration -->
  |   <local-tx-datasource>
  |     <jndi-name>jdbc/LEDataSource</jndi-name>
  |     <connection-url>jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://localhost:1433/test;prepareSQL=1</connection-url>
  |     <driver-class>net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>
  |     <user-name>user</user-name>
  |     <password>password</password>
  |
  |     <transaction-isolation>TRANSACTION_READ_COMMITTED</transaction-isolation>
  |
  |     <min-pool-size>4</min-pool-size>
  |     <max-pool-size>20</max-pool-size>
  |     <idle-timeout-minutes>30</idle-timeout-minutes>
  |   </local-tx-datasource>
  | </datasources>

I would like to add one property that the web app could read:

  |     <support-email>a at b.com</support-email>

Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4131198#4131198

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4131198