[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: JbossPortal and ldap

kahotep do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 21 17:41:22 EST 2008

Looking back again, I notice that there are some entries on my slapd.conf which, if JBoss does in fact allow changes, may be causing the problems.

Perhaps the problem is here:

# The userPassword by default can be changed
  | # by the entry owning it if they are authenticated.
  | # Others should not be able to see it, except the
  | # admin entry below
  | # These access lines apply to database #1 only
  | access to attrs=userPassword,shadowLastChange
  |         by dn="cn=admin,dc=cobracombat" write
  |         by anonymous auth
  |         by self write
  |         by * none

Which should probably be:

# The userPassword by default can be changed
  | # by the entry owning it if they are authenticated.
  | # Others should not be able to see it, except the
  | # admin entry below
  | # These access lines apply to database #1 only
  | access to attrs=userPassword,shadowLastChange
  |         by dn="uid=admin,ou=People,dc=cobracombat,dc=com" write
  |         by anonymous auth
  |         by self write
  |         by * none

I will try it out and post the results.  If anyone knows whether or not I am correct about LDAP updates being unsupported, please provide a confirmation.

Thanks,
Chris

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4131239#4131239

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4131239