[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Message Pulling

sams do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 21 20:15:58 EST 2008

Actually its not the prefetch setting that is causing this.  Today I set the prefetch back to 150 and the behavior is still the same, the MDB will pull messages from its local queue and when it runs out, the local queue will pull more messages from another node's local queue that is currently busy.  Technically, the MDB is always pulling from the local queue, but the local queue is now using the LoadBalancing feature to pull in more from overwhelmed remote queues on other nodes.

This is EXTREMELY useful because now if messages for work come in and they get backed up on a slow node, or a node that just gets unlucky with longer processing tasks, then the idle nodes will pull some of the work over to them to keep all the nodes working together.

Evidently when JBoss creates the MDB, it create's the MDB's Message Listener from a Session that was created from a standard ConnectionFactory instead of the ClusteredConnectionFactory.  I have not seen a setting in any of the config files so far to change this, so it may be hard coded somewhere, I'm not sure.

Adam

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4131256#4131256

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4131256