[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: MyEclipse cannot install JBoss Tools

tony.herstell@gmail.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 22 00:56:18 EST 2008

"rob.stryker at jboss.com" wrote : Unfortunately, the seam plugins currently depend on the JBoss AS Tools. The specific portion the seam plugins depend on is the ability to deploy a single file using WTP API's (standard APIs).

  | The problem here is that the ability to turn a single file into a "module" and publish it upon project creation (specifically the datasource) is not a standard part of WTP and is an extension only the JBoss Tools AS-Tools plugin provides. The Seam plugin makes use of this.

Thanks for your reply Rob,

Humm not that I really know what you mean but I have had Seam working in MyEclipse using exploded deployment for well over a year... (i.e. NO ANT for over a year!)

I create three projects EAR, Jar and War... (the MyEclipse wizard now actually helps with this since the EJB3 stuff was added a few months ago). I Link these together to for an Ear deployment.

I dont what everyones hangup was about having ONE file... works fine having the three for me and so what ifI have three "prjects" in CM... e.g. (current "project" is Sec, SecEJB, SecWeb).

I have to turn off a lot of helpers from MyEclipse (like keeping the EAR application.xml up to date as its messes up the Seam application.xml you carefully create).

Then I just "deploy" the Ear, in MyEclipse, as exploded and start the server (from the MyEclipse Run/Stop/Re-Start MyEclipse server button).

If I can run quite well without a single module why do the tools depend on a single module?

Assuming I don't give a rats ass about the deployment helper tools (as MyEclipse ones work fine) but still want the little nice windows'ey type stuff like the Seam file wizards; .xhtml viewer (with decent EL support) then is it possible to give me the seam tool's without the AS bits... I have had to live without EL completion for over a year; and it would be nice!

After all; Seam tools should not mean JBoss AS tools should it?

??

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4131275#4131275

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4131275