[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - configure MDB instances w/ JBOSS 4.2.2

smartass33160 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 22 05:01:22 EST 2008

Hello,

I am using JBOSS 4.2.2 and EJB 3.0
I have a single queue and I would like to configure the number of MDB instances which will consume messages from that queue.
I have read quite a few post regarding this issue, but I wasn't able to properly configure the number of MDBS appart from the EJB 3.0 annotation. All the time, I get 15 MDBs instances created!

Here is what I did:

1. modify deploy/ejb3-interceptors-aop.xml
==> in  , I tried changing  @org.jboss.annotation.ejb.PoolClass (value=org.jboss.ejb3.StrictMaxPool.class, maxSize=100, timeout=10000)
this does not work

2. modify conf/standardjboss.xml
==>  invoker-proxy-binding/message-driven-bean
I changed the MinimumSize and MaximumSize
This does not work either

3. modify jboss.xml in my ear
==> I added my own invoker-proxy-binding and linked my MDB to it. the jboss.xml looks like:

   <unauthenticated-principal>nobody</unauthenticated-principal>
   <invoker-proxy-bindings>
      <invoker-proxy-binding>
         my-message-driven-bean
         <invoker-mbean>default</invoker-mbean>     <proxy-factory>org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker</proxy-factory>
<proxy-factory-config>    DefaultJMSProvider      StdJMSPool
            1
            1
         </proxy-factory-config>
      </invoker-proxy-binding>
   </invoker-proxy-bindings>
   <enterprise-beans>
      <message-driven>
         <ejb-name>JMSAdapter</ejb-name>
         <configuration-name>Standard Message Driven Bean</configuration-name>
         <destination-jndi-name>queue/bulkCommandsQueueFile</destination-jndi-name>
         <invoker-bindings>

               <invoker-proxy-binding-name>my-message-driven-bean</invoker-proxy-binding-name>

         </invoker-bindings>
      </message-driven>
   </enterprise-beans>
   <resource-managers></resource-managers>

This does not work either: I still have 15 MDBs created!

4. add EJB3.0 annotation in MDB:
@MessageDriven(name="JMSAdapter", activationConfig = {
    @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="destinationType", propertyValue="javax.jms.Queue"),
    @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="destination", propertyValue="queue/bulkCommandsQueueFile"),
    @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "maxSession", propertyValue = "100"),
     @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "minSession", propertyValue = "100")

})
This works fine, but I would like to control the number of mdbs through JBOSS configuration and not via code.

Could you guys tell me what I did wrong here?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4131330#4131330

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4131330