[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Message Pulling

timfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 22 05:16:15 EST 2008

"sams" wrote :
  | Evidently when JBoss creates the MDB, it create's the MDB's Message Listener from a Session that was created from a standard ConnectionFactory instead of the ClusteredConnectionFactory.  I have not seen a setting in any of the config files so far to change this, so it may be hard coded somewhere, I'm not sure.
  |
  | Adam

The JMS Provider (by default DefaultJMSProvider) that you use is defined in your config - standardjboss.xml - this is just standard jboss config.

DefaultJMSProvider is by default defined in jms-ds.xml. That's where the connection factory that is used is specified.

All this is nothing to do with JBM, is handled in the AS layer and is exactly the same for every other JMS provider that you might configure AS to use.

It's really not a good idea to change your MDBs to use a connection factory with load balancing and failover enabled. MDBs should always consume from the local node.

JBM message redistribution should ensure that messages are redistributed between nodes at the queue level.

Have you tuned your MDB pool settings?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4131336#4131336

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4131336