[jboss-user] [JBoss Getting Started Documentation] - Re: Restarting W2003->JBOSS service reboots the server

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 22 11:10:26 EST 2008

I assume by your mention of service.bat that you areu sing JBoss native to run JBossAS as a service? (There are multiple ways of running JBOssAS as a service, with JBoss Native being just one of them.)

Are you saying that when you run service.bat from a command prompt that you get the JVM-BIND error? If so, let's get this fixed first. Once that is fixed then the service should run properly again. Could you post the full stack trace for the error?

Also, have you tried to first stop the service and then start it again? Perhaps JBossAS is taking too long to shut down. Try stopping hte service and then use Task Manager to ensure that the java.exe process has stopped completely.

By the way, I have JBossAS running as a service on a Windows Server 2003 machine using JBoss Native, so I know that it works just fine.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4131482#4131482

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4131482