[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Intermittent java.rmi.ConnectException

doktora do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Feb 24 15:16:33 EST 2008

I know there have been a million posts about these kind of errors but mine seems to happen intermittently which is still quite unacceptable for a production environment.

This happens about half a dozen times a day. Where do I even begin to look?

My setup:

Box A: IP A.A.A.A with Jboss 4.2.1 on Linux

Box B: IP B.B.B.B with Tomcat 5.5.25 on Linux

Tomcat on Box B is started with:
-Djava.naming.provider.url=jnp://box1:1099  -Djava.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory -Djava.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces

and in /etc/hosts box1 is mapped to A.A.A.A

The details of the exception:

Tools::lookup() -> Could not discover class <MYCLASS>
  | javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: A.A.A.A; nested exception is:
  |   java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out]
  |   at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:724)
  |   at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:589)
  |   at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:351)
  |   at Tools.lookup(Tools.java:17)

Many thanks for any ideas!
(pls don't mention firewalls. it's not that!)

dok

P.S. Tools::lookup() does a simple InitalContext.lookup(classname).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4131703#4131703

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4131703