[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: [linux] Jboss - Nagios Help required

santosh23681 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 25 05:29:43 EST 2008

Hi Friends,

I am using the check_jbossjmx nagios plugin to check jboss running on to of my servers. However, when I  execute it from the host server it is giving me the correct output but when I try to execute the same command on command prompt of the monitoring nagios server it is giving me a wrong output.

Command run on the Jboss server

Server 1

Command

# ./check_jbossjmx1 APP02.jjmum.medd.gov.in 3 "jboss.jca:name=DefaultDS,service=ManagedConnectionPool" InUseConnectionCount 20 50

Output received is

JMX ATTRIBUTE OK - jboss.jca:name=DefaultDS,service=ManagedConnectionPool-InUseConnectionCount:0

Server 2

Command

#  ./check_jbossjmx1 APP01.jjmum.medd.gov.in 3 "jboss.jca:name=DefaultDS,service=ManagedConnectionPool" InUseConnectionCount 20 50

Output received

JMX ATTRIBUTE OK - jboss.jca:name=DefaultDS,service=ManagedConnectionPool-InUseConnectionCount:0

Command run from the monitoring server

for server 1:

# ./check_nrpe -H APP01.jjmum.medd.gov.in -c check_jbossjmx1 -a 3 "jboss.jca:name=DefaultDS,service=ManagedConnectionPool" InUseConnectionCount 20 50

Output received is:

JMX ATTRIBUTE CRITICAL - jboss.jca:name=DefaultDS,service=ManagedConnectionPool-InUseConnectionCount:

for server 2

# ./check_nrpe -H APP02.jjmum.medd.gov.in -c check_jbossjmx1 -a 3 "jboss.jca:name=DefaultDS,service=ManagedConnectionPool" InUseConnectionCount 20 50

Output received is:

Unrecognized JBoss Version: InUseConnectionCount

Can any one check why is this error and two different outputs for the same command and help me in resolving this issue.
Thanks in advance

Regards
Santosh Balan
9819419509