[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Re: Too many open files exception JBOSS 4.2

ajayks do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 26 01:06:18 EST 2008

Hello JaiKiran,
Thanks for the reply.
I am using JDK1.5 of SunMicrosystem and the version of JBOSS  I have used is 4.2.2.GA.
The following are the   stack trace for the exception I have got:-

11:10:22,744 WARN  [UILServerILService] Failed to setup client connection
java.net.SocketException: Too many open files
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(PlainSocketImpl.java:384)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(ServerSocket.java:450)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(ServerSocket.java:421)
        at org.jboss.mq.il.uil2.UILServerILService.run(UILServerILService.java:159)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
11:10:22,747 INFO  [STDOUT] exception:Cannot authenticate user; - nested throwable: (java.io.EOFException)

11:10:22,750 WARN  [UILServerILService] Failed to setup client connection
java.net.SocketException: Too many open files
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(PlainSocketImpl.java:384)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(ServerSocket.java:450)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(ServerSocket.java:421)
        at org.jboss.mq.il.uil2.UILServerILService.run(UILServerILService.java:159)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
11:10:22,751 INFO  [STDOUT] exception:Cannot authenticate user; - nested throwable: (java.io.EOFException)

I have found after getting above error the AS statas throwing same error whenever client tries to call EJB deployed in JBOSS.

I think there is some configuration issue either at OS level or JBOOS level
like how many file/ports can be opened by  the  J2EE application.

Thanks to give me  solution of my problem.

with regards,
Ajay Kumar
Technical Leader,
STMicroelctronics.