[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: how to package ear and lib, classloader issue

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 26 11:11:23 EST 2008

The class scoping is according to the spec - as far as I know there is no way around it (though the scoping does appear to be broken in 5.0 beta4, but I would not rely on that - it should be fixed by GA).

In general the scoping is such that all classes in server/xxx/lib and server/xxx/deploy (other than those in war files) can see each other, but all classes within war files are in their own scopes (though they can see the classes in lib and deploy, but not in other war files). There is an option to limit the scope of classes within containers within the deploy directory (for example, limit the scope of the classes within an ear, specifically so that you can package in the ear different versions of classes that appear elsewhere).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4132231#4132231

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4132231