[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - remote JNDI lookup fails

lamprecht do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 26 16:09:57 EST 2008

Hi,

I've a problem reaching JDNI from a remote, standalone client.  The lookup is done by the following code:

Properties props = new Properties();
  | props.setProperty("java.naming.provider.url", "jnp://server:1099");
  | props.setProperty("java.naming.factory.url.pkgs", "org.jboss.naming");
  | props.setProperty("java.naming.factory.initial","org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
  |  InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext(props);
  | result = ctx.lookup(path);

It runs perfect on the host "server".  But when I run it on a different host, I get an exception:
javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 127.0.0.1; nested exception is:
  |         java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused]
  |         at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:780)
  |         at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:627)
  |         at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:351)
  |         at mdb.test.client.Lookup.lookup(Lookup.java:49)
  |         at mdb.test.client.jms_client.main(jms_client.java:23)
  | Caused by: java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 127.0.0.1; nested exception is:
  |         java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
  |         at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:574)
  |         at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java:185)
  |         at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(TCPChannel.java:171)
  |         at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:94)
  |         at org.jnp.server.NamingServer_Stub.lookup(Unknown Source)
  |         at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:667)
  |         ... 4 more

What surprises me is, that the client seems to try to connect to localhost, even though the provider URL points to a different host.

There are no firewalls between the two maschines.  JBoss (4.2.2GA) is listening on the respective IP/port on the server, I can reach it with telnet.

If I shutdown JBoss, I get a different error message.  Therefore I assume, that the client is connecting to the server.

Thanks in advance,

Heiner

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4132314#4132314

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4132314