[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Less coding by custom nodes/jrules/etc...

trouby do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 27 06:30:54 EST 2008

Hey,

I'm finding myself writing a lot of processes nodes that make a usage of the same java code but with very simple modifications,

Then, I think writing custom nodes that will receive information(probably as parameters of the custom nodes) when drawing the node will solve the code re-write,

Also, I assume Jboss rules can be used with JBPM to simplify rules instead of using java code as well,

My mission is that I would really love to see how non-developers can use our platform to define processes without the need to write Java code at the backend.

So here are my questions:
1) Is it possible to create custom Nodes and set some parameters when drawing the node in the process? In the doc of JBPM it is written that it's easy but I couldn't find any samples, etc...
2) After browsing the forum a little bit, I can see that extending the designer is currently not an easy task, is it going to be changed? will it be easier in the future? what's the plans here?
3) Are there any other usages/samples of using JBPM with jboss rules except the small example in the wiki?

For the start, I'll be glad to write the custom nodes, and use them in the processdefinition xml file manually, later on, when it'll be possible, I'll define these custom nodes on the designer as well,

Many thanks guys,

Asaf.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4132454#4132454

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4132454