[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: XADataSource vs. WrapperDataSource

jhalliday do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 28 07:08:03 EST 2008

Any thread in particular, or do I need to set aside a week or two to wade through the whole thing?

You are right that what I did is a hack. The real solution in my view requires changes to the transactions integration spi. We can't do that in a CP release - any short term solution for EAP 4.x needs to work with the existing interfaces.

Ultimately I want the AS to callback to the transaction manager when data sources for which it wants recovery enabled are deployed or undeployed.

That means a new interface in the transaction spi, changes (to the data source deployers? maybe the JMS and cache too, basically anything that's using non-serializable XAResources) to lookup an implementation of that interface and invoke it, plus an implementation of the interface provided by the transaction manager.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4132810#4132810

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4132810