[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: PortletPreferences in MySql

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 28 12:34:07 EST 2008

I dumped my mysql variables and these are the differences that I noted:

1) I am using utf8 for my character sets:

| character_set_client            | utf8
| character_set_connection        | utf8
| character_set_database          | utf8
| character_set_filesystem        | binary
| character_set_results           | utf8
| character_set_server            | utf8
| character_set_system            | utf8
| collation_connection            | utf8_general_ci
| collation_database              | utf8_general_ci
| collation_server                | utf8_general_ci

This might have an effect on the sorting algorithm, and could be the cause of the problem you are seeing.

2) Various buffer sizes are different, but this probably just reflects differences in memory sizes.

3) You changed the port to 3307

4) Your sql-mode is set to nothing, while mine is:

| sql_mode                        | STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION

Not sure if this could cause the problem.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4132948#4132948

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4132948