[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - can not start jboss server

dhcolo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 28 17:22:45 EST 2008

Hello,

I just downloaded jboss-4.2.2.GA and installed it. I set up JBOSS_HOME variable.  Then I try to run run.bat in the bin directory from command line. It can not start
the server and give no message. I checked the run script and found it stops after
rem Add -server to the JVM options, if supported
 "%JAVA%" -version 2>&1 | findstr /I hotspot > nul
 if not errorlevel == 1 (set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -server)

and before
rem JVM memory allocation pool parameters. Modify as appropriate.
set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xms128m -Xmx512m

Because it does not display the message "rem JVM memory allocation pool parameters. Modify as appropriate".

I have no idea why. Please help.
my operation system is windowXP!  Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4133011#4133011

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4133011