[jboss-user] [JBoss/Spring Integration] - JBOSS5 + Spring Deployer version confusion

dlmiles do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 29 14:33:39 EST 2008

I see there is: Spring Deployer 2.1 (in 2.5/2.5.x and 2.0.8 forms) this is a JAR and contains no implementation of Spring and no JBOSS5 style META-INF/spring-deployers-beans.xml.

I am correct in thinking the above version is for JBoss AS 4.2.x and older ?  But should not be used wit JBoss AS 5 ?

I see there is: Spring Deployer 3.0  (which includes a jboss-spring.deployer JAR file, which appears to be in JBOSS5 deployers format, it does not include an implementation of Spring that appears to be older than spring 2.0.7 from filesizes and timestamps).  When this file is dropped into the JBoss5 deployers directory I see no log entry indicating startup of the deployer.  Should something appear in the JBossAS console log ?

I am correct in thinking this should be used with JBoss AS 5 and newer ?

Now if I wanted to upgrade to 2.0.7 or 2.0.8 is a recompile necessary or can I replace the spring-*.jar files inside the jboss-spring.deployer file ?

Could I also suggest that all dependent JARs what are bundled please use the file name that includes the version of said file like "spring-core-2.0.99.jar" not just the plain "spring-core.jar" so its really clear to audit.

This could also extend to the deployer archive itself, jboss-spring-3.0.deployer.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4133349#4133349

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4133349