[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Exception creating identity

tmerrill do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 2 00:50:21 EST 2008

My JBoss AS 4.2.1 GA suddenly will not start. I am using it with Sun Java 1.6. It has been working in the past but I had to reboot my server and now it fails to start with the following error in the stack trace:

  | 21:31:20,637 WARN  [BasicMBeanRegistry] javax.management.MBeanRegistrationException: preRegister() failed: [ObjectName='jboss.remoting:service=NetworkRegistry', Class=org.jboss.remoting.network.NetworkRegistry (org.jboss.remoting.network.NetworkRegistry at 3749eb9f)]

and further down:

  | Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception creating identity: fattony: fattony

I did a bit of searching on the forums and found some posts about problems with /etc/hosts but I have not touched mine here it is:

  | 127.0.0.1       localhost
  | 127.0.0.1       fattony

I did notice that I can run my config as root:

  | ./run.sh -c vencomm -b 127.0.0.1

but not as my "jboss" user that I had setup. I tried deleting and re-adding the user, changing ownership on my $JBOSS_HOME directory. I haven't changed a thing, it just started happening. Any ideas? How is everyone else running JBoss as a non-root user. I had it working and now it is broken.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4116303#4116303

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4116303