[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Back

Marx3 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 2 05:34:44 EST 2008

I have a form to submit picture. This form can be called from many different other forms, because I can attach pictures to many different objects. Hovewer I would like to have "Back" button acting like BackButton in browser. So I should always back to the form which has called my form. How should it be done in Seam?

Let's face simple example: FormObjectA and FormObjectB calls FormPicture.
How to define "Back" button so it back to caller?

I've tried:
1)many buttons with "rendered" attribute one for each caller (works but tedious) connected with many "rule if-outcome" in XML
2)render button with binding method returning proper action (has problems when binding takes place in stateful bean)
3)"navigation from-action="back" and rule-if connected with some parameter set in bean - working, but there are problems with passing parameter
4) What I think about but don't know how to make properly is to program javascript:go(-1) and have faith in proper behaviour of backButton covered by Seam.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4116340#4116340

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4116340