[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: How to control end of conversations/state of stateful be

pete.muir@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 2 07:16:23 EST 2008

"trouby" wrote : I still don't get it, what about links that -should- start a new conversation? is it possible to combine begin/end annotations together for the same method? like ending the current conversation and starting a new one?

Yes, but you have to end the current conversation before a redirect, and start a new conversation after a redirect (you can do this from pages.xml or from annotations). I've not seen a great use case for this though.

anonymous wrote : btw, I have a seam link which invoke an method that is annotated with @Begin, invoking the same link just after the first invocation throws "begin method invoked from a long-running conversation, try using @Begin(join=true)", so what should I do in such situation?? I don't want -another- conversation to start in this case,

If you want to join the current conversation, use join=true, otherwise, design your app so the use can't be on that page when a long running conversation is in progress.

anonymous wrote : I guess I'm doing something wrong, as in seam booking example the 'setHotel' is annotated with @Begin and can be invoked many times without this exception,

Yes, because you can't be on the page which calls this method and inside a long running conversation.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4116366#4116366

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4116366