[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Propagation of Persistence Context in Seam

breako do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 2 09:35:36 EST 2008

 Hi,
If Seam managed EntityManagers are being used, the Persistence Context propagates between the EntityManagers that are in the same conversation. This is very good and useful.

I am just wondering if another component, for example an EJB is using an EntityManager in the same transaction as a Seam Component which has a Seam managed EntityManager, would the Persistence Context propagate. I doubt it. but just want to make sure that it is correct to say:
"Seam only propagates persistence contexts between Seam managed EntityManagers used in the same web request?"

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4116403#4116403

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4116403