[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - convertEntity not working with a4j:support

jrwsampson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 2 11:42:00 EST 2008

I have a multi-select dropdown that I want to use with a4j:support. When I add Seam's convertEntity tag the selectManyListbox doesn't bind the selected items to the value, it returns an empty array every time. Without the convertEntity tag the AJAX call sends up an array of strings with the package name and the seam id, e.g.: com.namemedia.Advertiser at 19b028.

Is there a workaround, or something I am missing? I am going to try writing a custom converter, but I am not sure what to do with the seam id... in other words how do i get the entities db id from the strings that get bound to the listbox?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4116444#4116444

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4116444