[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Different Message id for each listener

timfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 2 12:29:48 EST 2008

"assaf49" wrote : Scenario:
  | A JMS Connection is used to create 10 JMS listeners on Topic MyTopic.

By "listener" I'm assuming you mean non durable subscription (?)

And I'm assuming you're not using MDBs since you haven't mentioned them.

anonymous wrote :
  | Each Listener has a different selector (some have OVERLAPPING selector properties).
  |
  | 1) Producer sends Message A.
  |
  | 2) Some Connection failure occurs on the Listeners side

Does message A get received before failure?

I will assume yes since you haven't specified.

What do you mean "connection failure"? Does the client process crash? I will assume yes here too.

anonymous wrote :
  | 3) Producer sends Message B

Does the producer send message B before or after the non durable subscription is recreated?

Please note that non durable subscriptions *do not survive* failure so any messages sent when they are non created (i.e. after the crash but before the recreation) will be *lost*.

This is perfectly normal behaviour, see JMS spec for more details about differences between non durable and durable subscriptions.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4116465#4116465

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4116465