[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Trouble with images outside of JBOSS_HOME...

Spuds do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 2 13:14:52 EST 2008

I have 2 different physical servers, one is development, one is QA.

The DEV server application is in /apps/jboss/server/
The DEV images are in /usr2/dev/web//images1

The DEV server works fine.

The QA server application is in /apps/jboss/server/
The QA server images are in /usr2/qa/web//images1

The QA server won't serve images at all-- even if directly called by URL.  I get the following error...

HTTP Status 404 - /images1/nav/button_regular_go.jpg
type Status report
message /images1/nav/button_regular_go.jpg
description The requested resource (/images1/nav/button_regular_go.jpg) is not available.

DocumentRoot is set to /usr2/qa/web/ (in mod_jk.conf)
Permissions on the files are correct.
My VirtualHost blocks in mod_jk.conf on both servers are identical.
If I use rewrite rules to have the QA server pull images from the DEV server, it works fine.  :(

Both are JBoss 4.2.0 servers.  I have been working on this for a long time and I'm kinda at wit's end.

Can anyone give me a pointer on where else I should take a look?

Thanks in advance for all the hard work of the moderators and those that answer our questions day to day!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4116488#4116488

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4116488