[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Re: Create plugin for a web application

loopix do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 2 16:37:04 EST 2008

Ok, thanks very much, now I'm on the good road :)

So, my last idea is:

- a plugin will be a .war file (it's easy to develop it on Eclipse, separately)
- the web application base will load a directories with .war files
- a .war files is unpackaged and will be a part of "web_plugin.war" modules (exploded archive) which is empty at the start of the application (first time or not, ...)

So, I got 2 web modules:
- web_base
- web_plugin

the second module will be filled by all files contained into .war files on a specific directories .. I think that idea must work, but actually, I must open a gived WAR file .. unpack it, copy files to web_plugin.war and update the application (if needed). All of that work must be hardcoded in Java, so ... first: try to deploy a helloworld plugin which contains only a html page ...

For now, don't know how to open a .war files with a .war application :D

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4116543#4116543

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4116543