[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - EntityManager not auto-flushing at end of SLSB method

lpmon do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 2 22:50:56 EST 2008

JBoss AS 4.0.5.GA, MySQL, nothing unusual about config,  Windows XP

Examples I have seen suggest that if you modify or create CMP entitybeans inside a session bean method then at the exit of that method these changes will be saved to the DB (flushed without calling em.merge or em.persist).  I am not seeing this behavior. I have an app that I did several iterations of the above and the data is never saved.

Calling em.flush() doesn't work either.  If I call em.merge() it works?  The merge call works but as documentation suggests that is inefficient.  What's the deal?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4116591#4116591

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4116591