[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Name resolution for @In annotation

tresspicher do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 3 16:43:09 EST 2008

Hi all,

I'm having a hard time understanding how Seam resolves names for injected values. Let's say somewhere in a JSF form we have the EL expression:

#{aValue}

And we have two Seam components (for illustration only, ignore other errors that might occur):

@Name("class1")
  | public class Class1 {
  |     @In
  |     private String aValue;
  | }

and

@Name("class2")
  | public class Class2 {
  |     @In
  |     private String aValue;
  | }

How do I know which class submitting the form will affect? When I try to qualify the EL expression (e.g. #{class1.aValue}) I get an exception to the effect of: Property 'aValue' not found on type Class1.

I'm sure I'm just not understanding this right, so I would greatly appreciate a clear explanation.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4116873#4116873

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4116873