[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: JBoss with JDK1.5

galstuk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 3 18:58:12 EST 2008

I ran into the same problem and once I made sure the hostname was correct in both the HOSTNAME and network files, it worked fine.  The error is being generated by a preRegister() function which calls a domain name validation check.  So...either you need to have the hostname on a DNS server or the fully qualified host name has to be in your /etc/hosts file.  This appears to be similar to the Apache Servername check done you start up Apache httpd, at least....that was the fix for me.

Dave Baker
Just another JBoss user

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4116905#4116905

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4116905