[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - UPDATED Maven2 example application for Seam2

cory_prowse do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 3 21:31:44 EST 2008

Alrighty I have made good progress!
It works!

Sorta...

There seems to be a problem with either Embedded JBoss or Maven (most likely Maven).
As an aside, I had to roll back to Embedded JBoss beta2 as beta3 was failing with JMS related stuff.

The example application will fail to build, complaining about no default persistence unit in the deployment, which is due to the test classpath not including the src/test/resources/META-INF/persistence.xml

To make it work copy or move this file to src/main/resources/META-INF/persistence.xml

I'm confused why it isn't working as the META-INF directory in the test resources does contain another file that is picked up during the test by JBoss Embedded.

So it appears that Maven (or Embedded JBoss) is ignoring the persistence.xml file in the test resources!??

This is using Maven 2.0.8 which explicitly states in its release notes: anonymous wrote :  MNG-3118 - Test-classes should come before classes in the classpath. This may slightly alter behavior of tests. The test-classes is now included first in the classpath to allow test resources to override normal runtime ones.

I do not want to use filters in Maven as this file should only be used in unit tests and not included in any packaged artifacts.

The updated example can be downloaded from here:
http://www.users.on.net/~cory_prowse/seamMavenExample-20080104.zip

I'm going to post the example app to the Maven users mailing list and see if anyone there knows what is going on.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4116922#4116922

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4116922