[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: How to control end of conversations/state of stateful be

schlafsack do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 4 10:02:37 EST 2008

"pete.muir at jboss.org" wrote : Post your use case for this.

If I understand the topic of this thread, I *think* I've come up against a similar problem in the search application I'm writing to learn seam.

My application has one page with a text box, a button, a results table and next/previous buttons.

I'd like to define a conversation as:

  | * submitting a search query using the button.
  | * navigation forwards though the results using the next link.
  | * navigation backwards though the results using the previous link.

I'd also like the submission of a new query to start a new conversation. Ideally, clicking the button should end the existing conversation and begin a new one.  So far I can't see an easy way of doing this.

With a simple @Begin attribute on the search method, performing a second search throws an exception - which is expected, we are already in a conversation.

Using @Begin(join=true) does not meet the requirement of starting a new conversation per search.

I could add a clear button that calls an @End attributed method but this is does not really meet your average user's expectations of a search tool.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4117080#4117080