[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Connection usage for Seam Managed Entity Manager

breako do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 4 10:50:52 EST 2008

Hi,
I am using a Seam Managed Entity Manager for a JTA datasource with the Flush mode set to manual for business use cases, in Seam conversations.

I was just wondering when does Seam actually get a JDBC connection?

1. At the beginning of web request?
2. As soon as EntityManager operations are performed?
3. When flush is invoked by the Application?

The reason why I ask is because I am wondering how this approach will scale. I need to know how long the conversation will hang onto the connection.

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4117100#4117100

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4117100