[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: how can I create a simple database aplication?

anewton do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jan 5 17:02:20 EST 2008

I'm no Seam expert.  In fact, I'm very new to it.  But I've been quite a bit of time trying to convert the registration example to use Maven.  And I'm pretty sure it uses a database.

There are two things to look for:
1) If you downloaded JBoss AS, the registration example is probably using the built-in HSQL in-memory database.  You can either reconfigure JBoss to use HSQL as a disk-based database, or point it to some other database.
2) The persistence.xml in the registration example has "create-drop" under the hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto property.  That will drop and the create your database tables every time the app comes up, I think.  Another setting, such as "update" might be in order.  You'll probably have to look at the Hibernate docs to find the right answer.

I hope that helps.

-andy

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4117345#4117345

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4117345