[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Entity/Session bean coupling

parszab do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jan 6 14:06:22 EST 2008

Hi All,
I tried to google about my question and search the forum, but found no answer -- there might be, though, sorry if so!

I'm building an application that will need both a SWing and a web UI. I decided to use Seam, because of the great features it has.

It seems to me, however, that this way my Sesson beans have to be to closely coupled to the web UI, and won't be available to be called from the Swing UI.

Entity beans contain data about the contexts, that's no more that a bit disturging, since the swing clients can simply ignore that. But the session beans returning FacesMessages, and string values to manage the page flowm in and outjecting etc. -- that is too close coupling for me.

My question is: is there a pattern that could be used in these cases? Like introducing a new layer for the web to access the commonly used session beans? Or anything like that?

Thanks in advance!
PSz

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4117391#4117391

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4117391