[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: Caching name and passwordcallbackhandler

ragavgomatam do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jan 6 18:33:58 EST 2008

To my knowledge NameCallback and PasswordCallback are not cached. What is cached is Principal for the duration of the HttpSession.

In my login module the scope of the Callback is within the

public boolean login() throws LoginException

so that would negate any chance of caching

Also in the

public void initialize(Subject subject, CallbackHandler callbackHandler,
  | 			Map sharedState, Map options)

method try to pass the security tokens in the sharedState Map if call backs are insufficient for your purpose. I used this sharedStateMap to pass information between login modules.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4117415#4117415

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4117415