[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - ManagedPersistenceContext in clustered environment -> closed

cpopetz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 7 10:02:50 EST 2008

Hello,

ManagedPersistenceContext, upon passivation, checks to see if the entity manager is dirty, and if not, closes it.  I presume this is intended as an optimization.  But in a clustered environment, where a snapshot of the session is taken upon each request that dirties the session, passivation will occur frequently within a conversation.  In this case, the entity manager is frequently closed and recreated upon the next request, and entities in conversational beans become detached, and all sorts of bad things happen when I try to use them in the new session.

I think that to preserve the promise of long conversations, we have to keep the persistence context open across passivation, regardless of whether it's dirty.

Am I misunderstanding something?    If not, please verify this is problematic, and I'll file a Jira issue.

Thanks,
-Clint

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4117587#4117587

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4117587