[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Scriptaculous Sortable List Integration with Seam Remoting

nathandennis do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 7 13:51:26 EST 2008

Trying to get Sortable List working with Seam 2.0.... im a little stumped on the connection between seam remoting and handling the Sortable.serialize('id_of_list'). quick example. for a php call we might use something like

  | Sortable.create('item_list', {constraint:'vertical', onUpdate : updateOrder});
  | function updateOrder(){
  |   var options = {
  |     method : 'post',
  |     parameters : Sortable.serialize('item_list')
  |   };
  | new Ajax.Request('sort.php', options);
  | }

from scriptaculous lib, i realize that serialization creates an array in the form of [0]=>{id}, [1]=>{id}, [2]=>{id} by striping off the first part of the ids (ex "label_" ).
has anyone successfully integrated this with seam using remoting? could you point me in the right direction? should i try to capture this using webremote somehow and try to parse it in a session bean to come up with a server side array i can work with?

saw this already.. nothing much happening there
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3943273#3943273

apparently gavin and shane were working on it.  any examples?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4117674#4117674

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4117674