[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Entity/Session bean coupling

parszab do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 7 14:47:06 EST 2008

Good to know, thanks! I guess "@Name"-s might be still necessary in some cases, though...

"pete.muir at jboss.org" wrote : So, keep your business logic in e.g. EJBs, and provide two facades, one for Web apps using Seam and one for Swing using whatever you want. (Btw Seam doesn't really support Swing at all as a front end).

If I'm right that means the introduction of an Action layer for the web UI. That bothers me only because this way I'll lose the availability of attached Entity beans. In this scenario PersistenceContext should go into the Session beans and not the Action POJOs. That is acceptable, but a bit said to sacrifice one of Seam's great advantages for pure design. :)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4117692#4117692

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4117692