[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - "Only a type can be imported. myPackage.myClass resolves to

rmarkey do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 7 16:58:49 EST 2008

Hello all,

I am getting an, "Only a type can be imported. myPackage.myClass resolves to a package." exception when running a simple .jsp with the following import statement:  <%@ page import="myPackage.myClass" %>.   I tripple checked that myClass is indeed a class, and that myPackage is the full and correct package name.  If I remove the import statement, the application runs sucessfully. I am running the web-app within Eclipse using JBoss version 4.2 and Eclipse version 3.3.0.

I suspect this is a runtime configuration issue.  I get this exception regardless if I include the source jar file in the  Java Resources : src/ directory.  Has anyone seen this problem before?  I am running out of ideas an welcome any ideas.

Thanks for your help!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4117740#4117740

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4117740