[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Re: javax.naming.CommunicationException

linezfanatix do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 8 14:00:39 EST 2008

I also faced this issue of communication exception: Request times out while accessing an EJB deployed on Jboss 4.0.2.

The solution to this problem is to open the JMX-Console and click on the service=Naming to view the MBean view of the Naming service. Check if the port used is still 1099. In my case (to my surprise) the port was 1299.
Changed the URL to jnp://localhost:1299, the client could communicate with the EJB.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4118033#4118033

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4118033