[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: newbie question - ReplicationException

manik.surtani@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 8 19:21:24 EST 2008

Not necessarily heavily updated, but more importantly concurrently updated, which is what you described.

In your case though, perhaps a good approach may be for both caches to attempt to write the change, and if one cache fails to write, assume that this is because the other has completed the write and hence it would not be necessary?

Also, I find it odd that *both nodes* fail.  I guess with P/L and identical lock acquisition timeouts bean that this may happen.  If your setup is a master/backup, perhaps your backup cache could have a much shorter lock acquisition timeout so it would always fail first, allowing the other cache to continue?

Both caches failing should almost certainly not happen with optimistic locking - let me know if it does and we can investigate that.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4118110#4118110

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4118110