[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - DataSource resource injection

francis1970 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 10 05:23:56 EST 2008

Hi all!
sorry for bothering again about injection.
I'm unable to inject a Datasource resource into my EJB.

n my EJB I use:
 @Resource(mappedName="java:jdbc/MyDS")
  |     protected DataSource dataSource;

in my .ds file I use the following

<jndi-name>jdbc/MyDS</jndi-name>

When I try to use the Datasource I get

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to inject jndi dependency: env/oracle.ejb30.HelloTestBean/dataSource into property oracle.ejb30.HelloTestBean.dataSource: jdbc not bound

Should I insert a resource-ref also in jboss.xml ? or in ejb-jar.xml too ??

I really hope I don't need to use ejb-jar.xml anymore since I'm fed up with it..........
Thanks for your feedback.......
By the way I'm using JBoss 4.2.x
Thanks
Francesco