[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Veto Page Flow

tom_goring do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 10 07:02:49 EST 2008

Hi,

Is there a way to veto the transition in a page flow... e.g. in the case of some business rule failure ?

E.g.

the bean wizard.saveStuff adds a bunch of faces messages and returns to indicate a fail.

  | ..
  | <page name="PageX" view-id="/pageX.xhtml">
  |  <redirect/>
  |  <transition name="previous" to="PageY"/>
  |  <transition  name="next" to="PageX">
  |   <action expression="#{wizard.saveStuff}"/>
  |  </transition>
  | </page>

In spring webflow you can define that you transition only transition on certain return codes.

I can see you could do this with a decision states but I would have to code one for each view state.

Thanks in advance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4118612#4118612

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4118612