[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Affinity Data Partiotioning

ne_vasya do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 10 19:55:27 EST 2008

Hi,

I am trying to segment data over a set of JBoss caches having approximately even data distribution. Is anyone aware of a good dynamic hashing function that would provide good data affinity.

For example, let's say I segment data over N nodes. When node N+1 joins, I would like a portion of data now redirected to that node. I don't care about the actual data movement (it can be achieved with data gravitation), but I would like to achieve the effect of every Node (1 to N) contributing some data to the new node.

So, given an Object key, what would be a best algorithm to determine on which node that key should be stored?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4118885#4118885

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4118885