[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - XADataSource vs. WrapperDataSource

jhalliday do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 11 09:56:40 EST 2008

Adrian or whoever is the resident JCA guru in this post-Weston era:

Is there a way to get from the AS (4.2), a real XADataSource rather than the WrapperDataSource that is in JNDI? To do transaction recovery I need methods that are only on the XADataSource. Right now I'm facing the prospect of parsing the -ds.xml file myself to create the XADatasource or duplicating the same information in some other place. This seems ugly since the AS must process the file already. Is there some way to get the processed data from it rather than going back to the xml file again?  Does AS 5.0 change the answer with all its fancy new meta data handling?

Thanks

Jonathan.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4119092#4119092

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4119092