[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - JSF/Seam Binding and Nested Classes

tom_goring do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 11 12:42:25 EST 2008

Hi,

Can anyone explain to me why I can't seem to bind to a nested class.
As soon as do the outer bean's instance variables are null?

E.g.

This is OK:

  |  <h:selectOneMenu value="#{seamBean.property}">
  | ..
  |  </h:selectOneMenu>

this is Not OK

  |  <h:selectOneMenu value="#{seamBean.helperObject.property}">
  | ..
  |  </h:selectOneMenu>

helperObject in this case would be a simple class that derived some fields from the seamBean.
E.g. (code just for illustration)

  | HelperObject getHelperObject() {
  |  return new HelperObject() {
  |   public String getProperty() {
  |    return parent.property;
  |   }
  | }

When getProperty is invoked here all the SeamBean's instance variables are null (when they are in fact populated).  Also the toString on the seamBean is showing the same Java instance ... so I can't understand why it's state is different.

Are there some rules about binding properties in JSF or Seam?

Thanks in advance....

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4119181#4119181

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4119181